We are changing our approach to home inspections and COVID-19. As the coronavirus continues to spread across the globe and in our communities, we are constantly re-evaluating our policies and procedures. We want to keep you up to date on changes in our practices aimed at protecting our clients, employees, realtors, sellers, and others involved in the home inspection process.
To that end,
we are asking buyers to refrain from attending home inspections, even in vacant homes. They will still receive a full report, complete with pictures, and our inspectors are happy to go over their findings with the buyers (and their agents) by phone and answer any questions they may have.
Home Inspections COVID-19 safety measures we’ve instituted include:
- Protective gear: Our inspectors are wearing booties over their shoes and boots any time they are inside a home. They’re also donning protective gloves before entering the home.
- Keeping equipment sanitized: Our inspectors wipe down all their equipment with sanitizing wipes between inspections, so everything they bring into a home is clean.
- Certified COVID-19 safety training: All of our inspectors have completed the COVID-19 Safety Guidelines course through the InterNACHI School, a home inspector college accredited by the US Department of Education.
- Maintaining social distancing: We’ve asked buyers not to attend home inspections. On those rare occasions when they do still meet with our inspectors in person, our team members are maintaining the CDC’s six feet of separation guidelines and all meetings will take place outdoors at the end of the inspection. Anything we can do remotely and by phone helps to keep everyone safer.
- We’re here for you: Our inspectors and staff are happy to answer any questions you may have about our new safety protocols and any other aspects of our home inspection process. As always, we’re here for you.
here is a link to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) on the COVID -19 virus https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
and a link to our general manager as he explains our position on home inspections https://youtu.be/xnyL0aWOR2Q
to learn more about Hawley Home Inspections LLC visit our home page https://hawleyhomeinspectionsllc.com/
I want you to know all of us at Hawley Home Inspections value our relationship with our clients and theiragents, and we appreciate your referrals. Please know that you and your families are in our thoughts and prayers, and together, we will get through these challenges.
Matthew C. Hawley
Hawley Home Inspections
(314) 257-0400 in Missouri
(618) 593-9631 in Illinois